You are here
- Home >
- Fall 2017 National Scholarship for College Students with Disabilities
Fall 2017 National Scholarship for College Students with Disabilities
What is it?
disABLEDperson, Inc announces our Fall 2017 National Scholarship Competition for College Students with Disabilities! This competition begins on September 12, 2017 and ends on November 12, 2017 for the award of $2000.00 (two thousand dollars)! More details can be found here! The winner will be announced on our website on November 24, 2017. All decisions made by disABLEDperson, Inc. are final.
What do you need to do?
- Write an essay with no more than 1000 words (prompt can be found here)
- Next, you need to register for the competition. To do so click on “Register Now” on the scholarship page. Fill out the form completely and paste your essay into the form.
- Please keep in mind that the form must be filled out completely.
- We cannot accept incomplete or fraudulent forms.
- Correct spelling and grammar is important. Please submit carefully edited drafts only.
- In order to qualify, the student must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university in the United States of America.
- They must be a matriculated student and attending school full time and U.S. citizen.
- We will accept students who are not attending school full time as long as the part time attendance is due to their disability and not their financial situation (minimum of 6 credits for undergraduate, 6 credits for graduate).
- Unfortunately, we are not able to award scholarships to high school students.
Upon winning, the student will prove disability and matriculation through their Disability Student Services department. We define disability as described under the ADA: “A physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities of such an individual. A record of such an impairment or being regarded as having such an impairment".