Employer of the Year
The ECS Employer of the Year award is an annual accolade bestowed upon a company whose selection is based on student nominations and engagement with ECS (job postings, hires, on-campus involvement, etc.).
Students who worked co-ops or internships during the previous year nominate their employer, answering the following questions:
- What did you like about this company's recruiting strategy? How did they engage with you to make you want to accept an offer?
- Did they have an orientation program? What did it entail and what did you like about it?
- What extracurricular activities were provided to engage interns and co-ops with each other?
- What extracurricular activities were provided to engage interns and co-ops with coworkers or upper management?
- What extracurricular activities were provided to engage interns and co-ops with the city in which they worked?
- What kind of supervision did you receive? Mentorship?
- How did this experience help your personal and professional growth?
- Why is this company deserving of the ECS "Employer of the Year" Award?
These responses combined with the employer’s recruiting activity for that same year help ECS staff determine the winner. We are grateful for the many amazing experiences that our employers provide for our students each semester!