Register with ECS
Students enrolled in the College of Engineering are not required to register with ECS, but those who do benefit from added services
Registered Students Receive:
- Full use of the Handshake job search system—including being able to apply for engineering specific job postings and on-campus interview opportunities
- Inclusion in engineering employers’ resume referrals
- Professional consultations for help with resume reviews, job search letters, your job search strategy, interview coaching, and just about any other career related concern
- Employer networking opportunities through the Ohio State Engineering Job Shadow Program, Career Week, Intern Week and other employer events
- Helpful resources: a "quiet room" for telephone and video interviews, a fax machine for sending and receiving employment-related faxes, and access to the student evaluations of their prior engineering work experience
How to Register
- Agree to the ECS Policies in Handshake. (found in Handshake>Career Center>Survey)
- Upload your resume in Handshake and await “resume received” message from ECS
Optional: Schedule an appointment with an ECS Advisor.
- Full-time COE student at Ohio State
- Minimum age (18 years)
Work Term Considerations:
For BS students who are more than one calendar year from graduation: Meet with your academic advisor to plan when a co-op or internship work term will best fit into your schedule. Know when you can work before you apply for jobs!