Career Week (Tuesday, September 6 through Friday, September 9, 2022) prepares rising juniors, graduating seniors, and graduate students with the professional skills necessary for a successful full-time search. It is strategically placed prior to E-Council Engineering Expo (September 20 & 21), allowing participating students to engage early with hiring employers through a variety of events.
- Rising juniors and graduating seniors will benefit most from the program offerings during Career Week. However, all engineering students are welcome to participate in this event.
- Events are conveniently spread out during the day and evening throughout the week. Based on your class schedule and interest, attend as many events as you can
- To attend these events, visit Handshake for full details and registration information and keyword search "ECS: Career Week"
What to Expect
Professional Preparation: Brush up on your professional skills—whether you have resume, interviewing, or salary negotiation questions, attend events centered around these topics for success tips and strategies. ECS will also incorporate events specific to international students and graduate students.
Network-ish (Signature Event): Attend this drop-in style event on Thursday, September 8 to connect with employers and get professional insight on a variety of career-related topics. 2022 Network-ish employers include:
- Amgen, Ariel Corp, Caterpillar Inc, Cleveland Cliffs, Deloitte, DHL, Eaton, GE Aviation, Honda, Intel, JPMorgan Chase, Lutron Electronics, Modality Solutions, Niagara Bottling, Ridge Corp, Schaeffler
Career Night: Meet the Sponsors & Resume Drop (Sponsor Spotlight Event): Participating employers provide a 3-minute mini presentation to share with students re: their company & job opportunities; students will enjoy food while learning; afterwards, there will be opportunities for you to engage with employers and hand out your resume! Appetizers & refreshments provided. 2022 Career Night employers include:
- Amgen, Ariel Corp, Cleveland Cliffs, Eaton, GE Aviation, Honda, Intel, Milwaukee Tool, Modality Solutions, Niagara Bottling, Schaeffler, Stantec
Professional Headshots: Update your LinkedIn and Handshake profile with a new professional headshot.
Thank you to our 2022 Career Week Sponsors!
If you require accommodation for a disability such as live captioning or sign language interpretation to participate in any career fairs, events, or activities, please contact ECS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests made two weeks before the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.