Job Shadow Program
Job Shadow is a one day opportunity for Ohio State engineering students to spend time with industry professionals at an employer’s site, observe engineers, and learn more about professional roles related to their major. The shadows takes place at various company locations throughout Ohio during the school term.
Student participation requirements:
- Engineering students registered with ECS
- Be available during business hours on the day of shadow
- Responsible for transportation to employer site
Why students should participate:
- Network with companies & engineers from Ohio State's top employers
- Gain insight to possible engineering careers related to your major
- Learn about a "day in the life" of an engineer
- Experience professional workplace and company culture
- Spark interest in areas of study or industry
How students sign up:
Since Job Shadow events are only one day, you may sign up for more than one!
- STEP 1: Receive outreach email explaining that an opportunity for your major, degree level, and work authorization status will allow you to register for an upcoming shadow
- STEP 2: SECURE YOUR SPOT. Visit ECS from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. anytime during the application window. You will lock down your opportunity, receive full company job shadow details, and sign the participant liability form