Job Shadow Program
Job Shadow is a one day opportunity for Ohio State engineering students to spend time with industry professionals at an employer’s site, observe engineers, and learn more about professional roles related to their major. This shadow takes place at various company locations throughout Ohio during the school term
Student participation requirements:
- Engineering students registered with ECS
- Be available during business hours on the day of shadow
- Responsible for transportation to employer site
Why students should participate:
- Network with companies & engineers from Ohio State's top employers
- Gain insight to possible engineering careers related to your major
- Learn about a "day in the life" of an engineer
- Experience professional workplace and company culture
- Spark interest in areas of study or industry
How students sign up:
Since Job Shadow events are only one day--you may sign up for more than one!
- STEP 1-->APPLY ONLINE: Identify job shadow opportunities within your CareerEngine account during the Application Window by keyword searching “job shadow” in the “Jobs” tab. Apply to all opportunities you are interested in. (NOTE: Applying does NOT guarantee your spot!)
- STEP 2-->SECURE YOUR SPOT(S): Visit ECS from 9AM-4PM anytime during the Application Window to meet with an ECS advisor. You will lock down your opportunity, receive full company job shadow details, and sign the participant liability form.