Intern Week (January 25-29, 2021) primarily targets first and second year students in their pursuit of an internship or co-op. It is strategically placed the week before the SWE fair (February 3, 2021) and is packed with events to help students feel confident and comfortable navigating the fair and the spring job search.
Stay tuned for 2021 details. Below is a snapshot of 2020 details.
- ALL engineering students are welcome to participate, as the workshops and panels cover a wide variety of topics and are not solely related to internships and co-ops
- Events are conveniently spread out during the day and evening throughout the week. Based on your class schedule and interest, attend as many events as you can
- RSVP not required, but strongly encouraged, as food (when offered) will be provided to those who RSVP.
What to Expect
- Featured Employers: Network with our sponsors! Throughout the week they will be holding events such as meet and greets, resume drop-ins, and mock interviews as well as providing insider advice at ECS workshops and labs
- Intern Networking Night: Speak with current Ohio State engineering students in this casual setting to learn more about their past experiences and intern/co-op opportunities at the companies for which they worked
- Workshops: Learn how to navigate the career fair and interview successfully
- International Student Panel: Learn how to job search successfully as an international student
- Lunch and Learns: Receive insider tips on what will make your resume stand out from the crowd, network like a pro, and prepare for the career fair
- Labs: Update your resume, LinkedIn profile, or elevator pitch while receiving advice from industry professionals during these come-and-go, relaxed events
- Prizes! At each workshop, t-shirts that include sponsor company logos will be raffled off
2020 Intern Networking Night
Intern Networking Night is the Signature Event for ECS’ Intern Week. Join current or former interns representing a variety of employers as they share their experiences and tips for securing an internship/ co-op. This is a casual opportunity to learn more about internship projects and programs from fellow Buckeyes. Bring your questions and learn from interns about how to stand out from the competition.
Date: Thursday, January 30, 2020
6:30-7:00pm: Intern presentations featuring Sponsor companies
7:00-8:30pm: Open networking with student representatives from all participating companies
**Co-sponsored by the Engineering Society of Professional Excellence (ESPE) at Ohio State
Participating intern representatives include: Abbott, Caesar Creek Software, Capital One, Caterpillar, Collins Aerospace, Cooper Tire & Rubber Company, Danis, Eaton Corporation, General Electric, Honeywell, IBI Group, KeyW, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jacobs, LyondellBasell, M.C. Dean, Nationwide, Niagara Bottling, Siemens, The Lincoln Electric Company, The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc., and Turner Construction Co.
ALL engineering students are welcome to participate, as the workshops and panels cover a wide variety of topics and are not solely related to internships and co-ops.