Career Week (Monday, September 20 through Friday, September 24, 2021) prepares rising juniors, graduating seniors, and graduate students with the professional skills necessary for a successful full-time search. It is strategically placed prior to Engineering Expo (the week of September 27), allowing participating students to engage early with hiring employers through a variety of events.
- Rising juniors and graduating seniors will benefit most from the program offerings during Career Week. However, all engineering students are welcome to participate in this event.
- Career Week events will be a mix of in-person and virtual events
- Events are conveniently spread out during the day and evening throughout the week. Based on your class schedule and interest, attend as many events as you can
- To attend these events, visit Handshake for full details and registration information and keyword search "ECS: Career Week"
What to Expect
Employer of the Day: Network with our partners and sponsors! Throughout Career Week they will be holding resume reviews, mock interviews, and info sessions as well as providing insider advice at Career Week events.
Industry Night: Attend this IN-PERSON, mini-career fair style event taking place Thursday, September 23rd. Industry Night allows students time to network 1-on-1 with employers prior to the Engineering Expo in a smaller setting. The event will take place at Curl Market -Viewpoint North (2nd floor) and student entry time is based on your last name.
Industry Night Schedule:
- 6:00pm-6:50pm: Timed entry; students last names A-G arrive for their networking block.
- 7:00pm-7:50pm: Timed entry; students last names H-O arrive for their networking block.
- 8:00pm-8:50pm: Timed entry; students last names P-Z arrive for their networking block.
- 9:00pm: Event concludes
Companies participating in Industry Night 2021 include: Armstrong World Industries; Blue Horseshoe Solutions; Cleveland-Cliffs; CMTA, Inc; DHL Supply Chain; Eaton Corporation; General Electric; Horizontal Wireline; Infoverity; Medpace; Niagara Bottling; Vertiv; The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
Regarding Health & Safety, capacity will be limited to allow for appropriate table spacing. Social distancing is encouraged. MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
Employer and ECS Events: Brush up on your professional skills—whether you have salary, networking, or career fair questions, these events offer advice and tips you can put into action.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in any of the Career Week events, please contact ECS at email@example.com. Requests made two weeks before the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.