Big Interview is an online mock interview tool which enables you to practice and refine your interviewing skills in the location that is convenient for you
Who can access it?
This tool is available to registered students, through their CareerEngine accounts.
How does it work?
- Using a webcam, students respond to pre-recorded interview questions while practicing verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Following the online job interview simulation, students can evaluate their behavior and responses and/or request an ECS Advisor to review their submission. To request feedback, the student must share their response with firstname.lastname@example.org
- If requested, an ECS Advisor will provide constructive feedback on the performance. Feedback will only be provided on Custom Sets
- For a quickstart guide, go to your CareerEngine account under Resources>Document Library. Then keyword search “Big Interview”
Big Interview is a cloud-based service that runs on html5 in a Web browser. The browsers running in Windows or Mac OS are supported.
- Google Chrome v.60 and higher is preferred for the best experience
- Other supported browsers include: Mozilla Firefox v.18 and higher, Apple Safari v.7 and higher, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and higher
- Your browser must be a stable release version, not an Alpha/Beta/Nightly/Development build. This applies to all browsers, regardless of operating system
- 3rd party browser plugins (specifically ad blockers and script blockers) may interfere with your Big Interview experience
- For reliable video/ audio recording, please make sure you have a consistent upload speed of at least 2Mbps. To do a check of your connection, you can use SpeedTest.net