Intern Week is ECS’ newest program, primarily targeting first and second year students in their pursuit of an internship or co-op. It is strategically placed the week before the SWE fair (January 30, 2019) and is packed with events to help students feel confident and comfortable navigating the fair and the spring job search.
- ALL engineering students are welcome to participate, as the workshops and panels cover a wide variety of topics and are not solely related to internships and co-ops
- Events are conveniently spread out during the day and evening throughout the week. Based on your class schedule and interest, attend as many events as you can.
- RSVP not required, but strongly encouraged, as food will be provided to those who RSVP. RSVP will be available through Handshake.
What to Expect
- Employer Panel: Get advice on how to stand out in the crowd at SWE, nail on-campus interviews, land the job offer, and more
- Student Panel: Hear from engineering students from the co-op and intern honorary, Kappa Theta Epsilon, who have “been there, done that”
- Workshops: Learn how to navigate the career fair and interview successfully
- Lunch and Learns: Get insider tips on what will make your resume stand out from the crowd and pass that pesky ATS scanner
- Career Fair Coffee Chats: Hold casual conversations with upperclassmen who have had success landing interviews and making meaningful connections
- Resume Lab: Bring your laptop and edit your resume with the help of ECS advisors and other students
- Employer of the Day: Employers will be holding meet and greets and office hours to help with resumes, interviews, and job search advice
- Prizes! At each event, gift cards and t-shirts will be raffled off! Attendance at any event gets your name in a drawing for one final, large prize. Stayed tuned!
- Food! Come hungry! Every event will fuel your internship knowledge and feed your appetite.