Intern Week is ECS’ newest program, primarily targeting first and second year students in their pursuit of an internship or co-op. It is strategically placed the week before the SWE fair (January 30, 2019) and is packed with events to help students feel confident and comfortable navigating the fair and the spring job search.
- ALL engineering students are welcome to participate, as the workshops and panels cover a wide variety of topics and are not solely related to internships and co-ops
- Events are conveniently spread out during the day and evening throughout the week. Based on your class schedule and interest, attend as many events as you can
- RSVP not required, but strongly encouraged, as food will be provided to those who RSVP. RSVP will be available through Handshake
What to Expect
- Employer of the Day: Network with our sponsors! Throughout the week they will be holding meet and greets, resume walk-ins, mock interviews, and info sessions as well as providing insider advice at ECS workshops
- Student Panel: Hear from engineering students from the co-op and intern honorary, Kappa Theta Epsilon, who have “been there, done that”
- Career Fair Prep Workshop: Learn how to network like a pro as you navigate the career fair
- Lunch and Learns: Get insider tips on what will make your resume stand out from the crowd and interview successfully
- Career Fair Coffee Chats: Hold casual conversations with upperclassmen who have had success landing interviews and making meaningful connections
- Resume Lab: Bring your laptop and edit your resume with the help of ECS advisors and other students
- Prizes: At each event t-shirts will be raffled off!
- Food: Come hungry! Every event will fuel your internship knowledge and feed your appetite
Thank you to our in-kind supporters: