2011 Fall On-Campus Recruiting Preview

Posted: October 5, 2011

Autumn Quarter is the ideal time to take advantage of the services offered by ECS--including the opportunities to interview for internships, co-ops, and full-time jobs through the ECS office. Fall is the peak recruiting time for employers who interview on campus. Many recruiters who utilize on-campus interviewing do so in the months of October and November. In fact, ECS has 100+ companies coming here to interview students during these two months alone! Over 60% of all on-campus interviews that take place in the year will occur in the months of October and November. The majority of the other 40% will occur in January, February and March.

If you have not registered with our office, now is the time to do so. You do not want these key on-campus interviewing opportunities to pass you by. While job postings occur regularly throughout the year, on-campus interviewing is seasonal. Application deadlines for the majority of interviews in October and November are quickly approaching (some have even passed already!).

Keep in mind that you will want to dress professionally for all interviews. If you do not own a suit, you may want to consider buying one or borrowing one from a friend. If you need tips on interviewing, please attend one of our upcoming interview workshops and practice your skills using InterviewStream in your job search account.

Many of the recruiters who will be conducting on campus interviews will also be hosting information sessions. An information session is an event where recruiters come to campus to discuss their company and available positions. Students may attend the information session and learn about a company, its products and or services, and what they look for in an ideal candidate. To find a list of upcoming information sessions, please log into your job search account and click on the “Events” tab and then “Information Sessions”. If you do attend an information session, you may wear business casual attire, such as khaki pants and a collared shirt.

By taking advantage of the upcoming campus recruiting season, you are positioning yourself to have the most opportunities available to you to find full-time employment after graduation or a co-op or internship position for Summer 2012.

Good luck on all of your upcoming interviews!

"Seize every opportunity along the way, for how sad it would be if the road you chose became the road not taken."
-Robert Braul

Authored by Dean Pidcock.