Job Shadow has been suspended for the 2020-2021 academic year. The nature of the Job Shadow Program requires an in-person setting, which is currently not possible with the pandemic. ECS intends to resume the program in Spring 2022.
Promote your company with Ohio State's Engineering Job Shadow Program! This highly structured program gives students the opportunity to preview your company by spending part of one work day on site at company locations throughout Ohio. The annual Job Shadow Program takes place on the day of your company's choosing during Ohio State's Spring Break Week.
- Company registered with ECS
- Available to host during one day during Ohio State's Spring Break Week
Why you should participate:
- Hosting students is a low-cost way to promote your company
- Effective way to advertise career and co-op/internship opportunities
- Network with participants, creating a "buzz" among Ohio State engineering students
- Participating students can provide feedback on their interests/careers that may be useful to your company's recruiting team
How it works:
- Preferred day to host (of the choices provided by us)
- Timing/agenda for the day
- Number of students you can host
- Majors preferred
- Partner with you to market opportunities to students based on employer-provided information
- Encourage students to sign-up for specific company visits using their Handshake accounts
There is no cost to employers to participate. If you are hosting a job shadow event over the lunch hour, it’s recommended that lunch is provided to the students. Students provide their own transportation to the event.
- January: Employers submit job shadow information to be published for students
- Feburary: Students sign up for job shadow events
- March/Ohio State's Spring Break Week: One day job shadow events take place over spring break
*Students may not make changes to their job shadow selections after student sign-ups conclude. Cancelling after this date will be categorized as a "late cancel" and will put a hold on the student's ECS Handshake account. Similarly, "no showing" to a job shadow event will result in a hold on a student's Handshake account.