Intern Week (January 25-29, 2021) primarily targets first and second year students in their pursuit of an internship or co-op. It is strategically placed the week before the SWE fair (February 3, 2021) and is packed with events to help students feel confident and comfortable navigating the fair and the spring job search. Employers who desire to recruit for co-op and internship positions and have a strong interest in promoting their brand to students seeking those roles have the opportunity to sponsor this week-long event or send a student representative to the Intern Networking Night. See details below for both sponsorship and non-sponsorship options.
Sponsor Intern Week
Employers who provide sponsorship for Intern Week will have the opportunity to brand their company and engage with students PRIOR to the SWE fair: Your generous $750 sponsorship grants your company the following benefits:
- Name and logo on Intern Week marketing materials: Dorm room hangtags, table tents, event website page, workshop slides, program materials/handouts, and event t-shirts will recognize company sponsors.
- Featured Employer Schedule: Choose one day during Intern Week to showcase your opportunities and interact with students. Opportunities to engage may include a combination of the following: meet and greet table, resume drop, drop-in hours, mock interviews, coffee chats, workshop participation, and info session/student org meeting.
- Increased visibility at Intern Networking Night: Sponsors may send two student representatives AND have one of those students share a short presentation on their experience with the entire audience prior to the networking portion of the event.
Non Sponsor Option
Participation in the signature event, Intern Networking Night, does not require sponsorship but is available first come, first serve.
Intern Networking Night
The signature event of Intern Week is the Intern Networking Night. Participating companies may send one current OSU engineering student who has previously worked (or is currently working) at your company as an intern or co-op. These student representatives will promote your company by sharing their experience with other students during this casual networking event.
2020 Event Details:
Stay tuned for 2021 Event Details. A snapshop of 2020 details are below.
Date: Thursday, January 30
- 6:30-7:00pm: Intern presentations featuring Sponsor companies
- 7:00-8:30pm: Open networking with student representatives from all participating companies
**Co-sponsored by the Engineering Society of Professional Excellence (ESPE) at Ohio State
Participating intern representatives include: Abbott, Caesar Creek Software, Capital One, Caterpillar, Collins Aerospace, Cooper Tire & Rubber Company, Danis, Eaton Corporation, General Electric, Honeywell, IBI Group, KeyW, a wholly owned subsidiary of Jacobs, LyondellBasell, M.C. Dean, Nationwide, Niagara Bottling, Siemens, The Lincoln Electric Company, The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc., and Turner Construction Co.
Snapshot of Student Events
- Workshops: Students will learn how to navigate the career fair and interview successfully
- International Student Panel: Students will learn how to job search successfully as an international student
- Lunch and Learns: Students will receive insider tips on what will make their resume stand out from the crowd, network like a pro, and prepare for the career fair
- Labs: Students will bring laptops and edit their resume and LinkedIn page as well as practice their elevator pitch with the help of the company reps
- Intern Networking Night: Students will network with former/current interns in this casual setting to learn more about companies and intern/co-op opportunities
- Prizes! At each event, t-shirts that include sponsor company logos will be raffled off