Intern Week is ECS’ newest program, primarily targeting first and second year students in their pursuit of an internship or co-op. It is strategically placed the week before the SWE fair (January 30, 2019) and is packed with events to help students feel confident and comfortable navigating the fair and the spring job search.
Employers who desire to recruit for co-op and internship positions and have a strong interest in promoting their brand to students seeking those roles have the opportunity to sponsor this week-long event.
Employers who provide sponsorship for Intern Week will have the opportunity to brand their company and engage with students PRIOR to the SWE fair: Your generous $500 sponsorship grants your company the following benefits:
- Name and logo on Intern Week marketing materials: Dorm room hangtags, table tents, event website page, workshop slides, program materials/handouts, and event t-shirts will recognize company sponsors
- Employer of the Day: Choose one day before the fair to showcase your opportunities and interact with students through any or all of the following: Meet and Greet table, walk-in hours, and mock interviews
- Employer Panel: Offer advice by participating in an evening panel event
Snapshot of Student Events
- Employer Panel: Recruiters will share how stand out in the crowd at SWE, nail on-campus interviews, land the job offer, and more
- Student Panel: Engineering students from the intern honorary, Kappa Theta Epsilon, who have “been there, done that” will share their best tips
- Workshops: Students will learn how to navigate the career fair and interview successfully
- Lunch and Learns: Students will receive insider tips on what will make their resume stand out from the crowd and pass that pesky ATS scanner
- Career Fair Coffee Chats: Upperclassmen will share how to land interviews and make meaningful connections
- Resume Lab: Students will bring laptops and edit their resume with the help of ECS advisors and other students
- Prizes! At each event, gift cards and t-shirts will be raffled off