New in September 2019: Career Week! This robust, weeklong event kicks off the school year by offering a broad menu of options designed to prepare rising juniors, graduating seniors, and graduate students for their full-time job search. Employers are heavily integrated into this program by partnering with ECS to educate student participants on professional development topics (via workshops, interactive labs, 1-on-1 interactions, etc.). This event also aims to integrate NACE's Career Competencies into the program offerings.
Career Week is an effective way for employers to connect directly with students, build company brand awareness, and highlight full-time job opportunities BEFORE the Engineering Expo. Each day of Career Week will feature an “Employer of the Day” and allow you to build out a day that spotlights your company, share your insights, and showcase employment offerings. There are opportunities to sponsor and be an “Employer of the Day” or not to sponsor and participate in the culminating “Industry Night” on Thursday, September 12th.
- Date: Wednesday, Sept. 4-Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, with culminating event "Industry Night" on Thursday, Sept. 12
- Time: varies per day, see schedule to your right; "Industry Night" from 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Location: varies per activity; "Industry Night" located in Blackwell Ballroom
Overview of Events
- Kickoff: We will build excitement and a "buzz" around the upcoming week's menu of options by getting out into the engineering spaces, providing giveaways, and showcasing our sponsors.
- Workshops: Topics like behavorial interviewing, technical interviewing, networking, and leading with authenticity will be a sampling of the subjects covered throughout the week.
- Lunch & Learns: Engage with students by volunteering to help them craft their elevator pitches, conduct mock interviews, improving their resumes, and review LinkedIn profiles.
- Industry Night, which is comprised of:
- Employer Panel: Students will learn from select employers how to stand out in a competitive job market, land the job offer, and more.
Networking Session: Interact with students in a "mini career fair" style setting about your areas of expertise such as the industry you work in, the type of job you do, and your company.
Benefits of Sponsoring
Employers who sponsor Career Week will have the opportunity to brand their company and engage with students PRIOR to the Engineering Expo. Your generous $500 sponsorship grants your company the following benefits:
- Employer of the Day: Choose one day before the fair to showcase your opportunities and interact with students through any or all of the following: Meet and Greet table, lunch & learn, walk-in hours, co-presented workshop with ECS, and info session.
Name and logo on Career Week marketing materials: Kickoff handouts, dorm room hangtags, table tents, event website page, workshop slides, and program materials/handouts.
Stand-alone messaging: ECS will advertise your "Employer of the Day" events so students will have heightened awareness of your opportunities during a busy recruitment season.
- Increased presence at Industry Night: The ability to send 4 company representatives to the event (as opposed to 2 company reps for non-sponsors).