Buckeye Trek – Virtual for Spring 2021
Students with an affinity for working in a high-tech, entrepreneurial environment can apply to participate in a virtual trek to Silicon Valley.
The Ohio State University College of Engineering is once again hosting Buckeye Trek, but this spring, the program is virtual! The Trek is an initiative to connect some of the best and brightest young students with companies and contacts located in Silicon Valley to soak up an environment of innovation and entrepreneurship. This 2-day experience is organized in partnership with alumni in the Bay Area. Companies ranging from small start-ups to established corporations will host sessions with bright young CSE and ECE students with an aim to foster a culture of innovation and interest in novel career paths. There will also be opportunities to connect with younger alumni less formally. Companies for 2021 to be announced in early February!
- Expose Ohio State students to innovative and entrepreneurial culture and contacts in the Silicon Valley and Bay Area.
- Develop a pipeline for student internships with several companies and establish Ohio State as a source for excellent engineering talent.
Who should apply?
- Ohio State students with a demonstrated interest in working for high-tech companies in Silicon Valley and are:
- pursuing a BS in CSE or ECE
- have at least a 3.2 GPA
- will graduate in SP22, SU22, AU22 or SP23
NOTE: This Trek can potentially lead to a 2021 summer internship in the Bay Area.
- Do not apply if you:
- have already committed your summer 2021 to another employer
- are not interested in working in the software industry in the Bay Area
- are unable to available on Tuesday, February 23rd AND Wednesday, February 24th (please plan to have both of your days filled with virtual activities)
- Engineering Career Services opens survey to collect applications/resumes for Buckeye Trek. Resumes should include GPA, relevant coursework and experience demonstrating an interest in a career at a high-tech company
- Deadline to apply is January 25th at 11:59pm
- Selected candidates will be notified no later than February 5th
- Expectation setting and preparation for event (all virtual)
- Agenda and more detailed company information shared with students
- February 23rd & February 24th:
- Virtual Trek takes place
Note: There is no cost to students to participate in this program.
- Post Trek:
- Company contacts/alum may contact select students, inviting them to complete an application for summer 2021 internship opportunities
Students who participate ALL virtual Trek events will have their resume included in the resume book that will be given to the Bay Area team.