Blog posts by Category
by | March 30, 2017
Join the #BuckeyeEngineersWork campaign for the month of April and enter to win a free suit!
Are you excited about your upcoming co-op, internship, or full-time employment? Or are you looking for that right opportunity? During the month of April, ECS is celebrating the exciting work opportunities our engineering students have done and will be doing, and we are also doing a push to help those who are looking! See below for opportunities!
Every student who participates in ANY of the below activities will be entered in a drawing to win a $300 gift card to Easton Shopping Center to buy a new suit. Multiple activities = multiple entries!
Already got work?
If you’ve already accepted a position, participate in any or all of the following:
- COOKIES! Report your internship, co-op, or career employment, and then come to ECS to receive an individually wrapped Cheryl’s cookie. Note: Enrollment in …
by | November 2, 2016
Are you a first year student eager to get a jump start on your internship/ co-op search? By attending the First Year Gear-Up on December 2nd, 2:30pm – 6:45pm at the Ohio Union you can begin using the benefits of being registered with ECS up to four months earlier than your classmates. The Gear-Up is a free event that gives first year students the chance to complete all registration requirements in one 4-hour event.
How do I register?
You must be registered to attend and registration is free. Detailed instructions will be emailed to qualified first year students on November 2nd. Programming materials and dinner will be provided to those selected to attend and spots are limited.
What will be covered during the Gear-Up?
In addition to an Engineering Co-op and Internship Program (ECIP) overview, you will engage in sessions that cover:
- Resume: get your resume reviewed by …
by | August 25, 2016
Welcome back! I hope you all enjoyed your summer, whether you were doing a summer internship or co-op, travelling, or working to earn some extra cash. We have a very exciting semester ahead here in ECS!
- We are offering a variety of special events like our mock interview week starting August 29th; a lot of workshops on topics such as Building Your Professional Network, Interview Strategies, and more!
- The Engineering Career Success Conference is on Friday, Sept. 16--the deadline to register is Wednesday, August 31!
- Engineering Expo is around the corner, Sept 20th - 21st at the Ohio Union. Please note the new time is from 1-6pm for both days.
- Numerous opportunities to engage with employers and many, many resources to help you get prepared for your job search.
Schedule your job search consultations soon--we are starting to fill up prior to Expo. Here’s to a great fall semester … Read More
by | April 21, 2016
During the month of March, ECS hosted a mock interview competition via InterviewStream. InterviewStream is an online mock interview platform. InterviewStream allows students to do a virtual mock interview from any computer with a webcam and microphone. Engineering students were to choose one of eight mock interview options and complete a mock interview following the S.T.A.R. model for behavioral interviews. Their interviews were then submitted to an ECS advisor for feedback.
The winner for ECS’ Mock Interview Month is…Jack Hsueh. Congratulations!
Get to know more about our mock interview winner and his interview advice.
Jack Hsueh is an Electrical and Computer Engineering Graduate Student graduating in May 2017. He chose Ohio State University because of its depth and broad research. His favorite engineering class at OSU is Advanced RF IC. That class has taught Jack about circuit design of the entire receiver front-end … Read More
by | November 4, 2015
Getting started on the right foot in your career can make all the difference! Don’t miss your chance to enroll in a professional development course taught by Engineering Career Services staff who will help you understand the process of seeking and gaining employment. ENGR 4910: Tools for Engineering Career Success will provide you with a personalized learning experience where you will have the chance to interact with engineering peers and industry professionals while you gain the skills needed to be successful in your job search.
- Resume, cover letter and job search advice
- Selling your strengths (VIA Character Strengths)
- Technical, case and behavioral interviewing
- Salary negotiation
- Professionalism and workplace etiquette
- Advice from industry professionals
“The course is an eye-opener; I wish I knew what I learned in ENGR 4910 at least 15 months ago. Great class!” –2015 Maymester participant
This class meets every Tuesday during the second session … Read More