Blog posts by Category
by Amy Franklin | September 17, 2015
Have you heard? This year, we will have our first ever two-day Engineering Expo! Day 1 is on 9/22/15 and Day 2 is on 9/23/15 giving you two days to connect with over 275 employers! There will be a completely different set of employers each day, so you are strongly encouraged to attend BOTH days. PLUS, some employers will be conducting next-day interviews on 9/24/15. It will be another year before you have an opportunity to meet and talk with this many employer representatives over a two-day period! So, if you’re looking for co-op, internship, part-time or full-time employment, NOW is the time to get ready!
Expo Dates: Tuesday 9/22 & Wednesday 9/23
Time: 11:00am**-4:00pmRead More
Location: The Ohio Union with employers located in the Great Hall Meeting Rooms and the Performance Hall on the 1st floor and in the Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom on …
by Rachel Kaschner | September 9, 2015
Did you know that Ohio State has a campus-wide career fair that is for all majors and all degree levels? If that’s not clear enough—this includes engineering, so mark your calendar! The 2015 Career & Internship Fair is a three day event, happening next week—on Sept. 15-16 (the two day fair) PLUS Sept. 17 (the on-campus interview day).
Here are some reasons you should consider attending in addition to the Engineering Expo:
- Recognize that there are a LOT of companies attending—198 to be exact. Download the OSU Career Fair Plus app on your phone if you don’t already have it (you will use it for EXPO too!). Go to “Employers”--> ”Filters” and narrow down by major, degree level, etc. to come up with a list of companies to target.
- Know that not as many engineering students will attend this fair as EXPO. This may …
September 18, 2014
Today's ECS Job Blog is written by Career Fair + app Co-Founder, Hussain Frosh.
Career fairs can be a very intimidating event for the uninitiated; thousands of students trying to impress hundreds of employers in order to secure a coveted follow-up interview, all within five intense hours. Nonetheless, for recruiters, career fairs are one of the best ways to meet and select future internship, co-op, and full-time candidates, which means they are an essential part of your on-campus recruiting process.
To succeed in such a pressure filled environment, you need to be confident and knowledgeable, which takes preparation. Setting aside time for this can be difficult, especially when you have a full class load. Enter OSU Career Fair +, a mobile application introduced by ECS to help simplify the process of preparing for a career fair. The app is available for iOS and Android devices and can be … Read More
by Katherine Collins | February 4, 2014
It’s the day before the career fair—here’s your guide for successfully cramming for the big event! Career fairs can be intimidating, and at times, overwhelming, but fear no more- these tips will help you “keep your cool” when diving into the sea of employers and students.
1) Research, research and research some more. It is your job to learn as much as you can about potential companies of interest. Knowing about the company and exactly what they’re looking for in a candidate will be your most powerful tool.
2) Formulate a 30-second elevator pitch, in which you tell the recruiter a little bit about yourself and what you’re looking for, why you’re interested in their company, and a brief description as to why you believe you’d be a good fit. It would also behoove you to have a few questions in mind ahead of time.
3) Print copies of your … Read More
by Katy Arenschield | September 11, 2013
The 2013 Engineering Expo is less than one week away! It can be an overwhelming event, so be prepared. By following the simple steps below, you will be confident and ready to meet the employers.
Before the fair:
- Make sure your resume is up-to-date, error free, and formatted properly. Sample, employer-approved engineering resumes can be found here under the “ResourcesàDocument Library” section in Career Engine.
- Attend a Career Fair Success workshop: There are two more opportunities, Sept 16th (4:30) and Sept 17th (4:00). For an entire list of fall workshops and locations, click here.
- Spend some time on the EXPO web site: https://engineering.osu.edu/expo/ and see who is coming to recruit your major. Decide which companies you are most interested in. Familiarize yourself with the company’s profile and get acquainted their web sites.
- Apply to companies of interest in advance! Go …