Blog posts by Category
by Amy Thaci | August 25, 2016
Welcome back! I hope you all enjoyed your summer, whether you were doing a summer internship or co-op, travelling, or working to earn some extra cash. We have a very exciting semester ahead here in ECS!
- We are offering a variety of special events like our mock interview week starting August 29th; a lot of workshops on topics such as Building Your Professional Network, Interview Strategies, and more!
- The Engineering Career Success Conference is on Friday, Sept. 16--the deadline to register is Wednesday, August 31!
- Engineering Expo is around the corner, Sept 20th - 21st at the Ohio Union. Please note the new time is from 1-6pm for both days.
- Numerous opportunities to engage with employers and many, many resources to help you get prepared for your job search.
Schedule your job search consultations soon--we are starting to fill up prior to Expo. Here’s to a great fall semester … Read More
by Amy Franklin | January 21, 2016
You may have heard that no career fair programs are being printed and sold this year. Is this true? It is! Paper programs will no longer be printed and sold for any engineering career fairs! The complete program information is available via the OSU Career Fair Plus app and the app is free. Search for the OSU Career Fair Plus app on the App Store or Google Play Store.
Prefer a paper version of the program? We understand that some students might still like having a hard copy of the program, so we are making the full version available for you to print. Please check the swefair.engineering.osu.edu or ecs.osu.edu websites after January 25th.
In the past, the paper program has served as your admission ticket. Going forward, your BuckID and a printed name badge will serve as your admission ticket. … Read More
by Amy Franklin | September 17, 2015
Have you heard? This year, we will have our first ever two-day Engineering Expo! Day 1 is on 9/22/15 and Day 2 is on 9/23/15 giving you two days to connect with over 275 employers! There will be a completely different set of employers each day, so you are strongly encouraged to attend BOTH days. PLUS, some employers will be conducting next-day interviews on 9/24/15. It will be another year before you have an opportunity to meet and talk with this many employer representatives over a two-day period! So, if you’re looking for co-op, internship, part-time or full-time employment, NOW is the time to get ready!
Expo Dates: Tuesday 9/22 & Wednesday 9/23
Time: 11:00am**-4:00pmRead More
Location: The Ohio Union with employers located in the Great Hall Meeting Rooms and the Performance Hall on the 1st floor and in the Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom on …
by Rachel Kaschner | September 9, 2015
Did you know that Ohio State has a campus-wide career fair that is for all majors and all degree levels? If that’s not clear enough—this includes engineering, so mark your calendar! The 2015 Career & Internship Fair is a three day event, happening next week—on Sept. 15-16 (the two day fair) PLUS Sept. 17 (the on-campus interview day).
Here are some reasons you should consider attending in addition to the Engineering Expo:
- Recognize that there are a LOT of companies attending—198 to be exact. Download the OSU Career Fair Plus app on your phone if you don’t already have it (you will use it for EXPO too!). Go to “Employers”--> ”Filters” and narrow down by major, degree level, etc. to come up with a list of companies to target.
- Know that not as many engineering students will attend this fair as EXPO. This may …
September 18, 2014
Today's ECS Job Blog is written by Career Fair + app Co-Founder, Hussain Frosh.
Career fairs can be a very intimidating event for the uninitiated; thousands of students trying to impress hundreds of employers in order to secure a coveted follow-up interview, all within five intense hours. Nonetheless, for recruiters, career fairs are one of the best ways to meet and select future internship, co-op, and full-time candidates, which means they are an essential part of your on-campus recruiting process.
To succeed in such a pressure filled environment, you need to be confident and knowledgeable, which takes preparation. Setting aside time for this can be difficult, especially when you have a full class load. Enter OSU Career Fair +, a mobile application introduced by ECS to help simplify the process of preparing for a career fair. The app is available for iOS and Android devices and can be … Read More