Introducing Intern Week
by Ashley Taylor | January 15, 2019
It’s spring and companies are beginning another round of campus recruitment efforts. The SWE Career Fair is just around the corner and ECS wants to make sure you are a part of the many ways to connect with employers. Intern Week (January 22nd – 29th) was developed for students seeking internship experiences and looking for ways to connect with professional skills and engineering employers. The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) reported that a majority of companies discover new hires through on campus resources, activities, and clubs. So, while your resume is important, it is just as critical to begin building relationships with recruiters in person.
Attending networking events can be intimidating—especially if it’s your first one. Intern Week purposefully includes unique ways to engage with employers in a less formal setting; so no matter your comfort level there’s something for you! These are just a few of the many ways you can interact with employers throughout the week:
- Get expert advice on your document during the Resume Lab from General Electric representatives and ECS staff.
- Learn insider interview tips from Worldpay during a Lunch and Learn.
- Engage in a conversation on “Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and the Drive for Digital Transformation in Manufacturing” led by Rockwell Automation representatives.
- Sign up for a Mock Interview at ECS with companies like Nationwide, Emerson, and General Electric. (Call 614-292-6651 or visit the ECS front desk to secure your spot!)
- Stop by a Meet and Greet with our Employer of the Day! Check Handshake for when you can meet with representatives from Eaton, Emerson, General Electric, Nationwide, Rockwell Automation, and Worldpay in the Hitchcock Hall main lobby.
If you haven’t gotten your Intern Week baseball style t-shirt, there will be opportunities to win one during select Workshops, Labs, and Lunch and Learns throughout the week. In addition to these great networking options and swag, we’ll make sure your appetite is fed as well! Log into your Handshake account to view the full list of ECS Intern Week events and be sure to RSVP.
“People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” - Eleanor Roosevelt