ECS is Here to Make Sure Buckeye Engineers Work
by Alex Austin | March 27, 2018
Join the #BuckeyeEngineersWork campaign between March 26 - April 20 and enter to win free business attire! Every student who participates in ANY of the below activities will be entered in a drawing to win a $300 gift card to Easton Shopping Center to buy professional attire. Multiple activities = multiple entries!
ALREADY GOT WORK?
If you’ve already accepted a position, participate in any or all of the following:
- COOKIES! Report your internship, co-op, or career employment, and then come to ECS to receive an individually wrapped Cheryl’s cookie. Note: Enrollment in ENGR 4191 is not a requirement for the summer work term.
- Photo-op with Brutus! Come to ECS on April 13th between 2:30-3:00pm for a chance to meet Brutus. You’ll get your photo taken with him, holding a chalkboard sign celebrating your upcoming work term.
- Attend the “Student Success” panel on Thursday, March 29th from 5:00-6:00pm in CBEC 130 to hear from students who have been there, done that. They will talk about making the most out of your summer. Pizza provided based on RSVP count. RSVP through your CareerEngine account.
- Attend the “Converting an internship into a full time job” workshop on Wednesday, April 11th from 4:30-5:30pm in Bolz Hall 128 to learn how to knock the socks off your future employer.
If you are looking for a summer position or full-time job, we’re here to help!
- Attend the “Procrastinator’s Job Search” workshop on Monday, March 26 from 4:15-5:15pm in Bolz Hall 124. Been putting off the job search? It’s not too late. Come and learn the foundations of a strategic job search that will put you on the path to success.
- Attend the “Student Success” panel on Thursday, March 29th from 5:00-6:00pm in CBEC 130 to hear from students who have been there, done that. They will talk about finding and landing a position as well as making the most out of your summer. Pizza provided based on RSVP count. RSVP through your CareerEngine account.
- Come to ECS walk-ins for job search troubleshooting. Walk-ins are offered EVERY DAY of the week. Times can be found here.
- Register with ECS! You need to be registered to apply for jobs on CareerEngine and there are still positions posted for the summer—but you have to act quickly!
- Schedule a mock interview. Getting interviews but not job offers? Time to work on interviewing skills. Call the ECS front desk (614-292-6651) to schedule a mock interview.
Learn more about each event by visiting the Buckeye Engineers Work website. We look forward to seeing you!
“I will prepare and some day my chance will come.” ― Abraham Lincoln