ECS launches Buckeye Engineers Work!
by Katy Arenschield | March 30, 2017
Join the #BuckeyeEngineersWork campaign for the month of April and enter to win a free suit!
Are you excited about your upcoming co-op, internship, or full-time employment? Or are you looking for that right opportunity? During the month of April, ECS is celebrating the exciting work opportunities our engineering students have done and will be doing, and we are also doing a push to help those who are looking! See below for opportunities!
Every student who participates in ANY of the below activities will be entered in a drawing to win a $300 gift card to Easton Shopping Center to buy a new suit. Multiple activities = multiple entries!
Already got work?
If you’ve already accepted a position, participate in any or all of the following:
- COOKIES! Report your internship, co-op, or career employment, and then come to ECS to receive an individually wrapped Cheryl’s cookie. Note: Enrollment in ENGR 4191 is not a requirement for the summer work term.
- Celebrate your upcoming experience with Brutus! Come to ECS on April 12 between 11am-12pm for a chance to meet Brutus. You’ll get your photo taken with him, holding a chalkboard sign with your company name!
- Tweet about it! Tweet out your upcoming work with the hashtag #BuckeyeEngineersWork @OSUengineering and @(your company!)
Example: I reported my internship with @Honda to ECS @OSUengineering! #BuckeyeEngineersWork
- Attend the “Converting an internship into a full time job” workshop on Monday, April 17 from 5-6pm in Bolz Hall 124 to learn how to knock the socks off your future employer.
Are you looking?
If you are looking for a summer position or full-time job, we’re here to help!
- Attend the student panel: “Finding an internship and student success on the job” on Tuesday, April 11 from 6-7:30pm in Scott Lab E100. Pizza will be provided! RSVP through CareerEngine.
- Attend the “Jump Start your Job Search” workshop on Thursday, April 6 from 5-6pm in Bolz 124.
- Come to ECS walk-ins for job search trouble shooting. Walk-ins are offered EVERY DAY of the week. Times can be found here.
- If you aren’t already, register with ECS! You need to be registered to apply for jobs on CareerEngine, and there are still many positions posted for the summer.
- Schedule a mock interview. Getting interviews but not job offers? Time to work on interviewing skills. Call the ECS front desk (614-292-6651) to schedule a mock interview.
Learn more about the various events by visiting the Buckeye Engineers Work website. We look forward to seeing you this month!
“Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them”