by | May 23, 2013
Today's post is written by ECS Career Advisor, Kaitlin Schafer, who advises intern, co-op, and full-time employment seeking students.
A well prepared-resume is critical to landing an interview. Ensure your format fits U.S. standards by being aware of the following differences:
- Highlights achievements, academic background, and work experience related to desired work position
- One page in length per degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD)
- Does not include TOEFL score, photo, marital status, age, race, gender, or religion (employers are not allowed to base hiring decisions on these qualities)
- Provides extensive chronological details regarding academic and work experience
- Multiple pages in length
- May include photo, marital status, age, race, etc.
See the resume sample for an international student below.
Employers are concerned about verbal and written communication skills. They may assume that an international …Read More