Hone Your Interview Skills with InterviewStream
December 12, 2012
Today's post is written by ECS Graduate Advisor Tara McCarron, who advises intern, co-op, and full-time employment seeking students.
As with every skill you’ve ever learned, you have to learn the technique and then practice, practice, practice. A mock interview will not only help you perfect your technique, but it will also allow you to get valuable feedback and coaching on your performance. Take advantage of winter break and start to hone your interviewing skills with InterviewStream.
InterviewStream is a digital mock interview service, accessed from your CareerEngine account, which enables you to practice and refine your interviewing skills from almost anywhere. Before your mock interview, you can also improve your interview IQ by watching short, online videos. Using a webcam, you will be able to simulate job interviews by responding to pre-recorded interview questions and practicing both your verbal and non-verbal communications skills. Following the online interview, you evaluate your behavior and responses, or you can request an ECS advisor to review your submission and provide feedback.
To get started, follow these easy steps:
- Go to the ECS homepage and log-in to your CareerEngine account.
- Select the “InterviewStream” icon on the left side of the screen then select the “Conduct Interview” option.
- Choose a set of interview questions you would like to practice. There are both standard and behavioral questions.
- Test your webcam and audio to ensure your interview is recorded properly-this takes only a few seconds.
- Respond to the interview questions.
- Review your answers and request feedback from an ECS advisor.