What's going on winter quarter...
by Rachel Kaschner | January 20, 2011
There's a lot going on this winter quarter related to career development and your job search. Here are some events and opportunities that we think you should know about...
• Seminar: Secrets to a Terrific Technical Talk: ECE professor, Betty Lise Anderson, will discuss how to give a technical presentation. The one hour event is tomorrow-Friday, January 21 from 1:30pm-2:30pm in 031 Hitchcock Hall.
• OSU Office of Diversity & Inclusion Career & Job Fair: All OSU students and alum are invited to attend. Internship, part-time and full-time employment opportunities available. The job fair is Wednesday, January, 26 from 11:30-4:00 in the Ohio Union, Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom.
• Microsoft University Scholarship Program: Apply for a technical scholarship for the 2011-2012 school year. The application deadline is Tuesday, February 1.
• OSU Nonprofit Opportunities Fair: Connect with 30+ employers from various local nonprofit organizations. Employers will be looking for volunteers, interns, part-time and/or full-time employees. The fair is Wednesday, February 9 from 10am-3pm in the Ohio Union's Performance Hall.
• OSU Annual Conference on Leadership and Civic Engagement: Participate in this (free) one day event that focuses on helping students discover their personal strengths and develop skills to better themselves, their organizations, and their communities. The registration deadline is February 9.
• OSU SWE Career Fair: This engineering career fair is open to ALL engineering and computer science students. Meet with employer representatives and learn about internship, co-op, and career opportunities. The career fair is February 23 in the Ohio Union, Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom from 11:00-4:00.
• 2011 Engineering Job Shadow Program Sign-ups: The job shadow program only happens once a year (during OSU's Spring Break Week). Don't miss your chance to visit an Ohio engineering company and find out what it's like to work there. It's only a one-day time commitment. Sign-ups will be in Engineering Career Services (199 HI) on Thursday, February 24, Wednesday, February 25, Monday, February 28, and Tuesday, March 1 from 8:00-4:00.
These events are only the tip of the iceberg. Winter is a busy with on-campus recruitment as well as company information sessions...Google, Intel, Microsoft (and more!) have events planned. There are also numerous workshops to improve your skills. See your job search account for details-specifically the "Events" section.
"Nothing is so often irretrievably missed as a daily opportunity."
-Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach