Most Employer Interviewing Takes Place Fall Quarter
by Rachel Kaschner | September 19, 2008
How quickly summer flew by…it’s hard to believe it is mid-September. Employers have already started interviewing on campus at semester schools, and fall on-campus interviewing is just around the corner here at Ohio State. In fact, if you check out your job search account, you’ll notice that you can start applying for Preselect schedules this coming Monday, September 22nd. The first deadlines won’t be far behind that either. It’s common for many students to miss out on on-campus interviews due to the early timing. Keep in mind though that approximately 65% of on-campus interviewing takes place in October and November.
Are you ready to begin your job search? Make sure you’ve got your ducks in a row…
- Is your resume updated to include your summer job, recent projects, and updated coursework? Be sure the document reflects your recent experiences!
- Is it time for a resume makeover? If you haven’t had your resume reviewed by an ECS / ECIP advisor in the past year, it’s time to come in for a tune-up.
- Unblock your job search account. Remember after updating the resume, you need to fill out and submit the Quarterly Activation Form, so that you’re able to apply for jobs and so that recruiters can pull your resume from the database if they choose to do so.
- Get your interviewing clothes out. Before the new quarter starts, take time to make sure your attire is washed and pressed!
- Feel like the resume is sparse on related content? Consider joining an engineering project team for the 2008-2009 academic year. Check out the teams here: https://engineering.osu.edu/studentorgs
Don’t delay if you want to schedule a resume review or a job search strategy appointment with an advisor. Our calendars are booking up quickly for September and October.
"Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action."