Job Shadow is a one day opportunity for OSU engineering students to spend time with at an employer’s site, observe engineers, and learn more about professional roles related to their major. This shadow takes place at various company locations throughout Ohio during OSU’s Spring Break week. Since Job Shadow events are only one day--you may sign up for more than one!
- Job Shadow days: Monday, March 10—Friday, March 14, 2014
- Engineering students registered with ECS
- Be available during business hours, March 10-14, 2014
- Responsible for transportation to employer site
- Freshman Engineering Honors (FEH) and Choose Ohio First for Engineering Entrepreneurship (COFFEE) Scholars are also eligible
Why you should participate:
- Network with companies & engineers from OSU's top employers
- Gain insight to possible engineering careers related to your major
- Learn about a "day in the life" of an engineer
- Experience professional workplace and company culture
- Spark interest in areas of study or industry
How to sign up:
- STEP 1-->APPLY: Identify job shadow opportunities within your CareerEngine account from Thursday, January 30-Tuesday, February 11 by keyword searching “job shadow” in the “Jobs” tab. Apply to all opportunities you are intersted in. (NOTE: Applying does NOT guarantee your spot!)
- STEP 2-->SECURE YOUR SPOT(S): Visit ECS from 9AM-4PM anytime between January 30 and Thursday, February 13 to meet with an ECS advisor. You will lock down your opportunity, receive full company job shadow details, and sign the participant liability form.
E-mail the Job Shadow Coordinator, Rachel Kaschner, at email@example.com